Get beautiful skin by cleansing, moisturizing and exfoliating your skin the natural way
Beautiful skin depends on a number of factors. Your skin needs the right nutrients to fight off damage. Protecting yourself from harmful chemicals while getting enough sleep, relaxation and exercise will all help you maintain a healthy glow. Some effective tips for promoting beautiful skin and healthy living are given here.
Guidelines for maintaining beautiful skin
- Drink plenty of water. Dehydration causes skin to look to look dull, saggy and loose. So, drink plenty of water to avoid this, get beautiful skin and promote healthy living.
- Have a healthy diet. Without the right nutrients, your skin cannot undo the damage that it sustains on a daily basis. Hence, a healthy diet for beautiful skin is necessary. Balance your diet to get the right amount of proteins and unsaturated fats along with fresh, green vegetables full of healthy living antioxidants (blueberries, pomegranates, spinach, nuts and green tea) and vitamin C (citrus fruits).
- Limit your sun exposure. Small amounts of sun exposure helps in vitamin D production, but too much sun will damage your skin. Always wear your sunglasses, and use sunscreen of at least SPF 30.
- Cleanse your body. Detoxify your body by having a glass of water with squeezed lemon first thing in the morning to remove toxins and promote energy production. This helps in obtaining beautiful skin and also is part of a healthy living style.
- Reduce stress. High levels of stress will compromise your skin. Consider yoga and meditation for inner peace, healthy living and beautiful skin.
- Sleep. You skin rejuvenates and repairs itself mostly while you are asleep. Make sure that you sleep for eight hours a night for healthy living and beautiful skin.
- Exercise. It increases the circulation of oxygen and nutrients and releases toxins through sweat, which leads to clearer, more beautiful skin and also promotes healthy living. Remember to smile. It’s the best exercise for your face!
Homemade beauty tips for beautiful skin
Some of the best tips for beautiful skin are natural. Those age old remedies passed down to you by grandparents actually work. In fact, they work better than most lotions and creams available on the market. Try these face packs and observe as they work their magic to give you beautiful skin and promote healthy living.
1. Turmeric and lemon face pack
Things you will need:
- Gram flour
- Lemon juice
- Mix all the above ingredients and apply evenly on the face.
- Scrub the paste gently on your face for 5 minutes and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Once it’s dry, wash your face.
2. Yogurt and dried orange peel
Things you will need:
- ·Dried orange peel
- ·Fresh and unflavored yogurt
- ·Grind the dried orange peels to powder.
- ·Mix 1 tbsp of it with 1 tbsp fresh and unflavored yogurt to make a paste.
- ·Apply and keep on cleansed skin for 15-20 minutes
- ·Then rinse off.
3. Milk and saffron:
Things you will need:
- Raw milk – 2-3 teaspoons
- A few strands of saffron
- Put 5-6 strands of saffron in the milk in a bowl
- Soak for 3-4 hours
- Apply this mixture and leave it on for 15-20 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
This is one of the most effective means for achieving fairness. It also makes your skin soft and smooth. Raw milk is not very heavy; hence, this will suit all skin types.
4. Homemade tan removal
Tans are an inevitable part of our lives. One of the most popular homemade tan removal packs is by the use of a mixture of gram flour, turmeric and yogurt. It suits all skin types and can be done every day as it is very gentle. The effects are visible quite immediately but tan removal may need a few days.
5. Homemade sun burn cure
Sun burns are natural on beach vacations. One great solution for this is the use of vinegar. Spray some vinegar on the affected areas and allow it to dry. You can instantly feel the cooling and relaxing sensation on your skin. You can follow the same procedure once in every 5 hours to prevent the burning sensation and to cure your sun burn faster and get beautiful skin.
A fountain of youth which keeps us forever beautiful may be a mythical concept, but the food we eat and how we treat ourselves can give you beautiful skin and prevent you from looking too old. A healthy, balanced diet is the precursor to healthy living and it manifests itself via beautiful skin. So, the next time you think your skin looks dull and sallow, go green and follow these natural remedies!